Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm on holiday!

Just a short post to say that I am having a few days off and will post when I get back. But while I am away, in case anyone is reading this, I have a few topics that I might cover. Let me know via comments which (if any) are of interest:
  1. Religion and Games: I did a session at GameCamp recently along with the always excellent Margaret Robertson (read her fab blog here: http://lookspring.co.uk/ ) and there were some interesting thoughts on games and god(s).
  2. Games and Science: I will certainly write something on this subject soon, after all it is what we do for a living... :D
  3. Games and Addiction: Rebecca Mileham raised some very interesting points in her new book, Powering Up (http://red-redemption.com/news/powering/) and they got me thinking...
  4. Games and Piracy: Arr Me Mateys! Erm...actually I was more thinking about piracy and the intentional misconceptions that get floated around from time to time... here is a quote from something I wrote previously:
"I buy games from Stardock, which I personally feel is the best of the online games sires - no DRM, work all the time, and frankly they sell the kinds of games I like playing (especially on a day like today when I am stuck in bed with a nasty sinus thingie). Anyway Brad Wardell, Stardock CEO (the guy who runs Stardock) made a very interesting post on games and piracy that I wanted to point people in the direction of. He specifically addresses the falicy of blaming pircy for poor games sales. If you are a strategy fan - I highly recommend Sins of a Solar Empire, RPS has a good review on it."

No comments: