Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Korean Games

I had the delight of entertaining a group of visiting Koreans today who were in the UK visiting sustainable businesses via the British Council, which as well as Red Redemption, included Marks and Spencer and the excellent Futerra.

The visit was at quite short notice, so I was not sure what would happen, but as it turned out I need not have worried.

They were all very familiar with the computer games industry, but were very keen to hear about how computer games could be brought to socially conscious themes, such as climate change.

It was intriguing for me to deliver a presentation via a translator, but I definitely learned quite a bit as well, which is one of the things I like most about lecturing. The Korean games industry is very sophisticated, but I was surprised to learn that there are no companies working in the socially conscious arena. From our side I said that I would love to partner up with one or more Korean games companies as I think the Koreans would really enjoy a sufficiently sophisticated and deep gaming experience.

I look forward to following the discussions up anon.

No comments: